Optimizing your LinkedIn Profile Workshop
As a professional, a LinkedIn profile can be a valuable networking tool. Recruiters will search LinkedIn for individuals listing the skills, experience, and expertise you have. Once you submit a resume to a job of your interest, recruiters and HR departments most likely will search for your name and view all the references that appear in a search for you on line.
LinkedIn profiles, when fully optimized, typically rank high in the search. Having optimized the profiles in your social media accounts is your opportunity to represent your experience, expertise, achievements, and skills in the best light. LinkedIn is not an online resume, though elements of your resume can be included. It is your online personal branding.
Use LinkedIn to
- Build your personal brand (reputation)
- Track your professional contacts and networks
- Engage in conversations, network, and build relationships locally and nationally.
- Attract job offers
- Research the influencers in your industry –
Follow them to learn what are current issues and solutions.
- Join groups to ask questions and interact
- Post articles to establish your expertise
In this LinkedIn Profile workshop
- Create your professional profile on LinkedIn.
- Follow steps to Optimize it to be found for the job you are seeking.
- Connect with professionals in the fields you are interested in
- Learn which keywords you should be using
The online LinkedIn workshop was recorded April 7, 2016.
Enter your name and email address in the form on the sidebar to
receive your free LinkedIn optimization checklist.
Replay can be found here: https://youtu.be/Ne9rca7rhOU
Job hunting Presentation Resources
WorkSource Social Media Job Search Resources
Social Media etiquette
Job Hunt resources
OnLine Job Hunt help
Latest posts by TLoving (see all)
- 15 Ways to Build a Stellar Customer Service and Increase Customer Satisfaction - October 24, 2016
- The Art of Bartering: A Creative Business Practice that keeps the Cash Flowing - August 15, 2016
- How to Improve your LinkedIn Profile Presence - April 26, 2016