Is customer satisfaction the number one priority of your business?
Paying impeccable attention to your customers can make a huge difference in your bottom line. Training your team in specific, personal ways to increase your customers’ satisfaction is the key factor to building great relationships and loyal, returning customers.
Here are 15 customer service strategies that increase customer satisfaction:
- Listen to what they have to say. Some may need to rant. Even if you believe they are in the wrong – listen and acknowledge their points. Don’t take it personally and always respond in a professional manner. They may have a valid point and need to know someone is actually listening to them.
- When you are unable to assist someone, find out as much as you can about the person who can help them. Then, refer them to the person, perhaps with an introduction, making certain they have been connected. No one likes to get the run around and be passed off onto someone else. Get the answers the client needs as quickly as possible. Offer to be a “touch point” for further help if they still are not satisfied with the new contact. Be as helpful as possible.
- Know what you can deliver and keep your promises. Only agree to what you can actually provide in the time you can provide it. Be clear and upfront about any limitations. You build trust as the customer understands you do what you say you will do.
- On the other hand, under-promise and over-deliver whenever possible. Demonstrate to your customer that they are of value to you by providing assistance beyond what they had asked for. Going that “extra mile or two” builds a strong, loyal bond and creates a happy customer.
- Be courteous and gracious. Thank your customer for their business. Let them talk without interrupting. Be helpful when asked. Offer or suggest alternatives for them to consider that may save them time and money.
- Develop personal relationships with your clients. Treat each one as if he’s your most important client, even if he is your cheapest. Get to know their personal preferances.
- Anticipate their needs. Go the extra step and be ahead of them. “If you are going that route, you may want to consider this application for that purpose.”
- Apologize quickly if you are wrong or make a mistake. Everyone makes them. Then go determine how to generously to fix it.
- Respond as quickly as possible to all communications. One business day turnaround time should be top priority for all customer inquiries.
- Be honest. If a requested deadline can’t be met let your client know before you take their order. If something comes up to alter the delivery time originally agreed upon, let the client know immediately. Consider having a policy in place that demonstrates your intentions should an order not go as planned.
- Keep in touch with the customer. Follow-up with a postcard, an email or a simple thank you phone call.
- Ask for feedback from your customers. They will give you information to help you improve your customer service and your business reputation.
- Listen to what your unsatisfied customers have to say. Act on their advice if it is the right thing to do.
- Smile. Be happy and courteous. Never answer the phone, a text or email when you’re angry. Before you pick up the phone or keyboard, paste a smile on your face and in your voice.
- Throw away your scripts. People want to hear from real people who treat them like individuals. Each situation is different so you shouldn’t have a prewritten script that won’t fit everyone.
Wonderful customer service delivers great customer satisfaction. It is one of the most important parts of any business.
“Do what you so so well, that they will want to do it again and bring their friends.”
Learning how to interact meaningfully with your customers will increase your customer and client satisfaction. It will build a loyal community that trusts you, likes how you do business, and will lead to a bigger bottom line.
Latest posts by TLoving (see all)
- 15 Ways to Build a Stellar Customer Service and Increase Customer Satisfaction - October 24, 2016
- The Art of Bartering: A Creative Business Practice that keeps the Cash Flowing - August 15, 2016
- How to Improve your LinkedIn Profile Presence - April 26, 2016